- Law Society of Scotland produces transparency guidance 3 March, 2020 - The Law Society of Scotland has produced new guidance for Scottish solicitors on publishing pricing which it hopes will help consumers better understand the cost of legal advice and services.
- Law Society issues legal justice warning 28 February, 2020 - Law Society warns government that criminal legal aid system is doomed to spiral into ever greater crisis unless the MOJ's plans are urgently rethought.
- Legal sector must become more accessible 27 February, 2020 - A new report by the Legal Services Board urges the legal sector to design services that can be accessed by everyone.
- Diversity Access Scheme 20 February, 2020 - Talented trainee lawyers are being invited to apply for a place on the profession’s Diversity Access Scheme.
- Compensation Fund changes consultation 22 January, 2020 - The SRA launches 12 week consultation on the provisions relating to the Compensation Fund.
- BSB publishes 2019 Enforcement Report 18 January, 2020 - Bar Standards Board (BSB) publishes its annual Enforcement Report for 2018-19 providing an overview of the regulator’s enforcement work during the year to 31 March 2019 .
- Fifth Directive places new requirements on law firms 12 January, 2020 - The new Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Amendment) Regulations 2019 came into effect on January 10 which will result in law firms needing to make changes to the way they work to help keep the proceeds of crime out of legal services.
- Law Society welcomes SRA PII Proposals 24 December, 2019 - Law Society has welcomed the announcement by the Solicitors Regulation Authority that it is to drop proposals to lower the levels of professional indemnity insurance (PII).