LeO sets out strategy and business priorities
The Legal Ombudsman (LeO) has published its revised strategy for 2015-17 and business priorities for 2015-16 reflecting the new reality of its dual jurisdictions (complaints about lawyers and
claims management companies), and setting out its aspirations and how they plan to deliver them.
The report highlights that their strategic priorities are:
- Continue to improve efficiency
- Help to create an improved legal complaints system
- Implement changes to jurisdiction, and
- Replicate what they have learned more widely.
To achieve this they will:
- Complete the process for appointing a new permanent Chief Executive and Chief Ombudsman
- Review their structures and processes to improve their insight and analytical capabilities
- Review their governance framework and internal controls.
They will also continue to work openly and constructively with regulators, professional bodies, consumer groups and Government in line with their wider regulatory objectives in the ongoing debate on the future shape of redress, consumer protection and regulation of legal and claims management services.
The full text of the strategy for 2015-17 and business priorities for 2015-16 can be found at www.legalombudsman.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Strategy-2015-2017-business-priorities-2015-16.pdf