- Litigating Accountants 26 June, 2017 - Accountants are about to be permitted to handle litigation, advocacy and legal instruments in taxation work following approval by the Legal Services Board to an application by the ICAEW.
- Practising Certificate Fee Consultation 26 June, 2017 - Solicitors could pay £12 less for their practising certificate this year with an individual rate of £278 per solicitor for 2017-18
- New Handbook Announced 15 June, 2017 - SRA announce controversial changes which, they claim, will help drive up professional standards, remove unnecessary bureaucracy and free up solicitors to work in new markets.
- Uneconomic Legal Aid Work 5 June, 2017 - Law Society reminds legal aid solicitors who specialise in criminal law that they can exercise discretion when accepting cases if the work threatens the viability of their firm.
- Law Society warns not to ignore GDPR 29 May, 2017 - Despite UK plans to leave the EU, the Law Society is warning solicitors not to ignore GDPR and not to assume that it will not affect them.
- BSB consults on disciplinary standard of proof 5 May, 2017 - BSB launches a new consultation about the standard of proof applied when barristers and others regulated by the BSB face disciplinary proceedings for professional misconduct.
- Future of Bar training 27 March, 2017 - Bar Standards Board to authorise a limited number of future training routes for prospective students to qualify as barristers
- SRA publishes family law research 10 March, 2017 - SRA publishes independent research exploring the experiences of potentially vulnerable people using family law services.
- Legal Professional Privilege Practice Note 24 February, 2017 - The Law Society has today published a new practice note on Legal Professional Privilege (LPP) that offers solicitors the latest guidance on this fundamental legal principle. Whilst…
- Scottish legal aid system ‘needs urgent overhaul’ 22 February, 2017 - People in Scotland relying on legal aid may soon be unable to find a solicitor because many law firms simply can’t afford to carry out legal aid work
- CILEx unveils radical governance reform 21 February, 2017 - CILEx to separate out its duties to the public interest, the profession and independent regulation
- LSB revises its diversity guidance 16 February, 2017 - The Legal Services Board (LSB) has issued revised statutory guidance for regulators on diversity. The changes introduced place a focus on improved outcomes, ensuring all regulators take…
- Scottish solicitor traineeship numbers rise 24 January, 2017 - Law Society of Scotland figures reveal that the number of traineeships available for aspiring solicitors in Scotland continues to rise
- CILEx oppose Government whiplash plans 12 January, 2017 - CILEx responds to Government's consultation on whiplash reform, saying the plans will penalise genuinely injured persons
- Fairer Pay Proposal for Advocates 8 January, 2017 - Bar Council welcomes new MoJ proposals for barristers and other advocates to be paid fairly for the work they do in publicly funded criminal cases.