Now, more than ever, licensed conveyancers are becoming an important force within the legal process and the provision of legal services.
Established by the Administration of Justice Act 1985 and with further enhancements to their role and status brought about by the Legal Services Act 2007, licensed conveyancers can now undertake a far wider range of work than previously, including in some instances probate work, and The Council of Licensed Conveyancers is one of only two bodies currently authorised to regulated Alternative Business Structures. In addition, licensed conveyancers can now not only be involved in the management of licensed conveyancing firms, but also be managers of practices in partnership with, or as co-directors of, other lawyers in a regulated practice.
From a practical perspective this has meant that many licensed conveyancers now need to be more aware of those regulatory and conduct related issues that can affect other legal professionals, as well as needing to understand the relationship with other regulators and the additional conduct obligations placed upon them by their own regulator, the Council for Licensed Conveyancers. The Lawyers Defence Group can assist licensed conveyancers not only in dealing with specific conduct related issues applying to them but can help in the setting up, running and management of legal disciplinary practices and can advise on all issues of partnership or membership of recognised bodies.
For further information, contact the Lawyers Defence Group by:
- telephoning during office hours – 0333 888 4070,
- requesting a call-back using the call-back request form to the right,
- telephoning our out of hours number (but please only in an emergency – for example when someone has been arrested or you believe that your firm might be about to be intervened in) 07952 861 868,
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- writing to us at one of the addresses at the bottom of this web page.
To find the information you require, use the drop down menus above or if there is a particular topic with which you require help, use the search box to the right of this page.