Keeping clients happy is not always easy, no matter how well you do the job and how little you charge. Fortunately, in most cases, clients are satisfied with the services they receive from their solicitor, barrister, legal executive or other lawyer. Every so often, however, things either do not go according to plan or the client feels let down. This may be because the lawyer has not done good a job, it may be because the client has not obtained the result he or she wanted or it may simply be that the client has not understood what was being done and what the likely outcome would be. That is where the quality and robustness of your complaint handling processes will be called into question.
Whatever the reason for the dissatisfaction, the problem needs to be addressed in such a way that the client is happy with the outcome and the firm is not left in a position where time, resources and money have been unnecessarily expended.
All firms need to adopt and implement an effective, robust and transparent complaint handling process. The Lawyers Defence Group can assist you and your firm in achieving this an in particular can help you to look specifically at:
- implementing complaint handling procedures;
- putting in place a complaint handling policy;
- dealing with complaints as and when they arise.
For further information, contact the Lawyers Defence Group by:
- telephoning during office hours – 0845 216 2000,
- requesting a call-back using the call-back request form to the right,
- telephoning our out of hours number (but please only in an emergency – for example when someone has been arrested or you believe that your firm might be about to be intervened in) 07952 861 868,
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- writing to us at one of the addresses at the bottom of this web page.