As a legal professional it is a matter of the utmost importance that, if you are accused of having committed a criminal offence, that you receive robust and effective advice at the earliest possible opportunity. If found guilty, it will almost certainly have a major impact upon your ability to practice and your future employment. The solicitors within the Lawyers Defence Group have considerable expertise in providing advice and representation to all those who are suspected of, or who have been charged with, a criminal offence.
Whether it is in relation to a matter directly affecting your practice such as:
- money laundering,
- bribery, or
- other business related accusations,
or whether it is in relation to something in your private life such as offences involving:
- motoring offences, or
our criminal solicitors have substantial experience and can deal with all aspects from assessment and examination of the prosecution case through to representation in the Crown Court.
If you intend to plead guilty, we can assist you in preparing detailed mitigation both for the court or for your regulator, and in appropriate circumstances can help you avoid being suspended or struck off. Our solicitors also have considerable expertise in relation to confiscation and restraint proceedings.
Several of our lawyers have acted in high profile cases over the years, and we have particular expertise in relation to corporate fraud and all other allegations of dishonesty, from theft from an employer through to Serious Fraud Office prosecutions involving international frauds with multi-million pound allegations all the way down to individual cases such as mortgage fraud.
For more information, contact the Lawyers Defence Group by:
- telephoning during office hours – 0845 216 2000,
- requesting a call-back using the call-back request form to the right,
- telephoning our out of hours number (but please only in an emergency – for example when someone has been arrested or you believe that your firm might be about to be intervened in) 07952 861 868,
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- writing to us at one of the addresses at the bottom of this web page.